ORGANISATION/COMPANYT.M.C. Asser Institute
RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/01/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Den Haag
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The institute invites applications for a:
Postdoctoral researcher in Transnational Environmental Law
Full-time (38 hours per week) available from 1st April 2019 to strengthen research capacity in our research strand on ‘Advancing Public Interests in International and European law’ and contribute to the ‘Doing Business Right’ project.
As an early-career researcher you are expected to
- develop and execute high-level research projects independently;
- publish in the top international journals;
- participate in international seminars and conferences;
- coordinate development and execution of research projects in collaboration with other Asser researchers;
- contribute actively to the work of the research group and of the Asser research community;
- contribute to Asser’s knowledge dissemination activities;
- contribute to ‘third stream money’ funded research projects and their acquisition.
- This appointment will be originally for the period of one year. Extension of the appointment is subject to satisfactory performance after the first year;
- Salary scale: 11 according to the collective labour agreement of the Dutch Universities (VSNU). Remuneration depends on the actual level of education, experience and knowledge with a maximum of € 4.978 gross per month based on a full time equivalent (38 hours). Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end of year bonus.
Please send your current CV, a cover letter in which you explain your motivation, a written piece of max. 25 pages (e.g. a published paper), two letters of recommendation in pdf, and a short research proposal (2000 words max), which sets out questions you would like to investigate during your stay at the institute, locates these in the relevant literature and indicates the method you intend to use to answer your research questions.
Further information can be obtained from Dr. Antoine Duval LL.M. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this vacancy, please apply through the 'Apply' button.
Your application must be submitted in English and addressed to Prof. Dr. Janne Nijman, Academic Director of the T.M.C. Asser Instituut.
Deadline for the application is January 30th, 2019.
Acquisition for this job offer is not appreciated.
Web site for additional job details
Candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- a completed PhD in European or international law or socio-legal studies awarded by the deadline for applications;
- a demonstrated track record of academic publications;
- a specific interest in the role of private regulation and non-state actors in transnational environmental law will be an advantage;
- a specific interest in climate change related questions will be an advantage (e.g. sustainable finance, green bonds, climate justice);
- to be enthusiastic about contributing a stimulating and motivating research community;
- strong and relevant international network;
- knowledge of Dutch will be a great advantage;
- fluency in English;
- demonstrable organizational and communicative skills;
- willing to compete to attract external funding for research projects;
- be able to network efficiently and use social media effectively;
- be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines;
- quality-oriented, conscientious, cooperative and creative, result orientated.
EURAXESS offer ID: 369769
Posting organisation offer ID: 283271