ORGANISATION/COMPANYCopenhagen Business School
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/08/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37
The Department of Strategy and Innovation at Copenhagen Business School (SI) invites applications for the Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller Endowed Chair of Entrepreneurship.
SI’s research is focused on strategy, innovation, entrepreneurship and international business. The department’s ambition is to host an internationally leading environment for research and teaching within the broad area of strategy. The department’s research is generally cross-disciplinary. Faculty members have backgrounds in management, economics, sociology and economic geography. The theoretical foundation for research in these areas is eclectic, combining strategy, innovation, and/or internationalization theory with insights from economics, sociology, psychology, and economic geography.
The department puts substantial emphasis on the solid application of scientific research method. The department has a pluralistic approach to research methods that includes, for example, formal theoretical models, quantitative empirical methods such as (lab and field) experiments, econometric applications to register data or survey data, as well as qualitative research methods.
Core research areas of the Department include topics such as knowledge transfer, absorptive capacity, open innovation, university-industry interaction, outsourcing, internationalization, international management, patenting and licensing, high-tech entrepreneurship, firm founder characteristics, strategic human resource management, top management teams, social networks, labor mobility, innovation, team formation etc.
The number of staff at the department is approximately 90. This includes about 55 faculty members (professors, associate professors, tenure track assistant professors), 7 administrative staff, and 30 members of staff who are hired on temporary contracts as research assistants, post docs or PhD students.
The teaching of the department is very diverse across programs and areas and largely falls within the four research areas of the department; strategy, innovation, entrepreneurship and international business. Moreover, the department is also involved in teaching the foundations of business studies i.e.: statistics, microeconomics and industrial economics. Hence, the staff of the department is involved in teaching of bachelor programs, master programs, part time study programs as well as MBA and PhD programs.
The Chair comes with a significant amount of resources to support the research activities, including resources for postdocs and PhD students. The Chair is time-limited to a period of 5 years. After the 5 years holding the endowed chair, CBS offers a tenured full professorship. The main responsibilities focus on research and research leadership.
- Personal research meeting the highest international standards, including responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching.
- The academic development of the discipline entrepreneurship.
- Research management, initiation of research projects, supervision of PhD students, international research co-operation, reviewing for academic journals.
- Research education and further training of researchers, supervision of assistant professors and assessment committee work.
- A limited amount of teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education.
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation.
- Initiating fund raising and coordinating research projects.
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School.
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks.
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular.
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate a well-established research profile within the area of entrepreneurship research. The area of entrepreneurship in this context is interpreted broadly to include research that aims at increasing our understanding of the individual and organizational decisions, competencies, and institutional factors that leads to new firm formation and performance of new ventures. The appointed Chair will be part of an existing research environment where researchers predominantly apply econometric and experimental research methods. Applicants should possess an outstanding research record and pipeline, along with strong evidence of research leadership in the entrepreneurship area. Evaluation of research productivity will include quality and quantity of publications in top-tier journals in management and entrepreneurship, as well as impact on the field, as demonstrated by citation counts, research excellence awards, and professional visibility.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the department as well as maintaining and establishing broad links across CBS.
Furthermore, applicants must document pedagogical qualifications and competences at development and innovation in the pedagogical area.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Keld Laursen, tel.: +45 3815 2565, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the department may be found at www.cbs.dk/si
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic association plus an allowance. An internationally competitive salary will be offered.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- Motivation letter
- Full CV
- Documentation of degrees
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
Application due: 8/15/2019
EURAXESS offer ID: 404311
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.