RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/07/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
As a PhD Candidate, you will investigate photocatalytic reactions, modify catalysts on the basis of the results, and subsequently improve the investigated reactions. You will investigate C-H activation and oxidation reactions mediated by metal complexes. You will search for reactive intermediates using mass spectrometry. The aim will be to isolate and to characterise the key intermediates formed in the reactions. You will study the effect of ligands on the stability of the intermediates and on their reactivity in the gas phase, derive structure/reactivity correlations and apply this knowledge in the design of new catalysts. The project will run within the framework of the NWO START-UP Grant awarded to Prof. Roithova. For relevant literature see: Acc. Chem. Res. 2016, 49, 223; J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 2757; Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2018, 20, 6868.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,972 based on a 38-hour working week
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: 4 years
- your performance will be evaluated after 18 months. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate (promovendus) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Prof. dr J. Roithová
No commercial propositions please.
Web site for additional job details
- Master’s degree in chemistry;
- experience in chemical synthesis;
- experience in computational chemistry is preferred;
- strong analytical skills, a problem-solving and result-oriented attitude;
- curiosity to explore new reactions and new approaches in chemistry;
- ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment;
- good communication skills in English, both in writing and verbally;
- a team player.
EURAXESS offer ID: 404450
Posting organisation offer ID: 54550
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.