RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/08/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The project aims to develop new approaches for investigation of reaction mechanisms in electrocatalytic reactions. As a PhD Candidate you will learn and then improve our strategies to trap reaction intermediates in electrocatalytic reactions by mass spectrometry. The initial studies will concern coupling reactions catalysed by metal complexes. Understanding of key reaction steps and identification of reaction intermediates will be a guide towards developing of improved catalysts. The project will run within the frame NWO START-UP Grant of Prof. Roithova. For relevant literature see: Acc. Chem. Res. 2016, 49, 223; J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 2757; Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2018, 6107.
- employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,972 based on a 38-hour working week
- the gross starting salary amounts to €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,972 in the fourth year
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- duration of the contract: 4 years
- your performance will be evaluated after 18 months. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years
- you will be classified as a PhD Candidate (promovendus) in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO)
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from women and minorities.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Application that do not contain all three documents will not be considered.
Prof. dr J. Roithová
No commercial propositions please.
Web site for additional job details
- Master’s degree in chemistry (good knowledge of organic and physical chemistry);
- curiosity to explore new reactions and new approaches in chemistry;
- ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment;
- good communication skills in English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 404451
Posting organisation offer ID: 54549
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.