ORGANISATION/COMPANYLeibniz-Institut für Agrartechnik und Bioökonomie e.V. (ATB)
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/07/2019 21:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONGermany › Potsdam
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy (ATB) as nationally and internationally acting institute is researching at the interface of biological and technical systems. Our research is aimed at sustainable intensification. We analyze, model and evaluate bio-economic production systems. We develop and integrate new technologies and management strategies for a knowledge-based, site-specific production of biomass, and its use for food, as raw materials and fuels - from basic research to application. Thus we are contributing to food security, animal welfare, the holistic use of biomass, and to protect the climate and environment.
For the assistance of ongoing work on research projects in the field of post-harvest technologies we are looking for a
Scientist (50 %) (m/f/d)
The aforementioned position is located in the Department Postharvest Technology and addresses the following tasks and expectations:
- Planning, conducting and evaluation of experiments on agricultural process engineering on laboratory and pilot scale
- Development of simulation models for mechanical material properties of fibrous crop material lake straw or silage during compacting, pelletizing or defibration
- Preparation and writing of project proposals, especially for your own position
- Preparation of scientific publications
- Assistance of the specialised guidance of technical staff
- Interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside of the institute
- Master degree in mechanical engineering, material science, agricultural engineering or related disciplines
- Experiences regarding evaluation of measurement results an scientific publication of results
- Hands-on experiences in self-reliant research and preparation of the state of scientific knowledge
- Communication and writing skills in English and German language
- Self-reliant working, high personal commitment and reliability, capacity for teamwork
- Excellent facilities and analytical labs for processing of food, feed and renewable resources
- Access to national and international networks to support your scientific exchange
- Support of your career development by qualifying programs (ATB and partner universities)
- Family-friendly working conditions that foster the compatibility of work and family life
The salary is based on your qualification and professional experience according to TV-L E13 (50%). The contract is limited to 31.12.2020. For further information, please contact Dr. Thomas Hoffmann (Tel.: 0331/5699-310, Email: email@example.com) or visit our website at www.atb-potsdam.de.
If you wish to participate in our interdisciplinary research with your professional expertise, please apply until July, 08th 2019 by e-mail quoting the reference number 2019-3-2 under firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments should preferably be sent as one pdf-file. This post is currently vacant.
Equality of opportunity is part of our personnel policy. Disabled applicants with adequate qualification will be preferentially considered.
EURAXESS offer ID: 417141
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.