RESEARCH FIELDCommunication sciences › Science communication
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/07/2019 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › Plouzane
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE02/09/2019
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Euro-Argo ERIC is a European Research Infrastructure Consortium with a legal statute registered at the European Community since May 2014. Euro-Argo aims to ensure the sustainability of the overall European contribution to the Argo international programme – deploying and maintaining a global network of autonomous oceanic instruments (profiling floats).
In the oceanographic domain, Euro-Argo missions are 1/ to promote and coordinate the Euro-Argo strategy and to develop an implementation plan within the Argo international context, 2/ to promote the scientific results achieved by Euro-Argo partners, and 3/ to coordinate joint scientific activities that have been defined by the Euro-Argo Management Board and endorsed by the Euro-Argo Council. Some of these activities are carried out within European projects, currently being:
- MOCCA (Monitoring the Ocean and Climate Change with Argo)
- Euro-Argo-RISE (Euro-Argo Research Infrastructure Sustainability and Enhancement)
- ENVRI-FAIR (ENVironmental Research Infrastructures building Fair [Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable] services Accessible for society, Innovation and Research)
- ERIC Forum (Bringing European Research Infrastructures together)
The Euro-Argo ERIC Office is now opening a Communication Officer position to reinforce its team, strengthen the interface between science and the external world, and enhance the communication with its main stakeholders: scientists, the European Commission, policy makers, civil society, public at large, youth and educational public and representatives from industry.
The recruited person will be responsible for the communication and outreach activities of the Euro-Argo ERIC, under the supervision of the Programme Manager, to raise awareness on the importance of maintaining and developing a network of free and open in situ ocean observations such as Argo.
He/She will work closely with the ERIC Office and the Management Board to elaborate a carefully structured communication strategy and increase Euro-Argo visibility to users and stakeholders. His/Her responsibilities will include promoting the infrastructure’s mission and services, and developing content to be disseminated via different physical or digital distribution channels.
Within the Euro-Argo ERIC, as a Communication Officer, the recruited person will be responsible for handling the entire communication aspects of the Euro-Argo ERIC and its projects. Applicants should be excited about developing and implementing plans to engage various target audiences and spread the message about our activities and users. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated experience in the communication sector or related fields, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For communications activities the recruited person will:
- Elaborate the communication strategy and update the communication plan of the Euro-Argo ERIC;
- Establish a network of contact persons across the Consortium tasked with communications responsibilities, as well as set up communication channels to ensure effective distribution of communication means across members;
- Manage the content of all the Euro-Argo ERIC communication channels (website and social media channels, quarterly News Briefs, Annual report, video production, press releases, policy briefs, etc.);
- Support the Programme Manager for scientific and communication activities within European projects where the Euro-Argo ERIC is involved (in particular MOCCA and Euro-Argo-RISE)
For outreach and dissemination:
- Supports the dissemination of results and products from Euro-Argo ERIC Office and Members
- Coordinate the preparation of the outreach, training, education and dissemination activities in collaboration with the Euro-Argo Management Board
- Develop the necessary actions to engage with potential new communities
- Propose targeted indicators to measure the impact of the developed communication and outreach activities
- Fixed-term 12 months (potentially renewable up to 18 months in total) position based at the Euro-Argo ERIC office, Plouzané, France.
- The candidate will integrate in a 7 person’s team: a Programme Manager, an Administrative Assistant, a Science Officer, a Programme Engineer, an Operational Engineer, a Project Officer and a Research Engineer.
- Mainly office desk activities. Professional travels abroad with a duration of 1-2 weeks at the maximum are planned.
- Salary: around 30k€-40k€ gross annual salary, depending on experience
Please send a Resume, Cover Letter and supporting documents highlighting your previous communications achievements to: email@example.com
Application format: Language: English, Format: pdf files
File naming: EA-2019-COMM-your lastname-resume.pdf and EA-2019-COMM-your lastname-letter.pdf
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELCommunication sciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Master Degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism or equivalent
- Demonstrated previous work experience in a similar role (2-3 years desirable)
- Proven experience in the publication of communication material of high quality
- Previous work experience in a scientific environment would be an asset
The candidate will be asked for:
- Excellent level in English (written and spoken, other languages are an advantage)
- Strong presentation & communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of website CMS, Mailchimp, Social Media management, analytics tools for web traffic monitoring, etc.
- Graphic design (Photoshop) and video editing skills
- Rigorousness and sense of the organisation
- Autonomy in the work environment
- High degree of motivation and ability to work towards a common long-term goal
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Outstanding social skills and capability to interact with the international science community
- Advanced synthesis skills
EURAXESS offer ID: 417194
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.