ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Marburg
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Marburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.5
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow to work in the Laboratory for Multimodal Neuroimaging (PI: Prof. Dr. Andreas Jansen) at the Department of Psychiatry, University of Marburg, Germany. Research in the lab focuses on the understanding of the neural correlates of face and emotion perception. The Postdoc will work in a project assessing atypical perception in autism spectrum disorder. In this project, we aim to combine computational models, functional neuroimaging and MR spectroscopy to gain a deeper understanding why and how perceptual mechanisms are altered.
- Plan and run fMRI experiments, analysis of experimental brain data
- Build computational models of face and emotion perception (in cooperation with colleagues from the Theoretical Neuroscience Department)
- Communication of scientific results in scientific publications and at scientific meetings
- Supervision of PhD students as well as of Bachelor- and Master students
Requirements and qualifications:
We are particularly excited about candidates with a strong background in fMRI methods who are eager to analyse data and love writing manuscripts.
- A PhD in neuroscience, biomedical science, psychology, physics, computer science or related field
- Good knowledge and skills in neuroscientific methods, especially with functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and brain network modelling
- Strong statistical and programming skills (e.g. Matlab, Python, R)
- Strong publication record und enthusiasm for communicating scientific advances
- Fluent in English (written and spoken); German is not required
- Ability to work independently as well as in a scientific team
- High self-motivation and organisational skills
Type of contract:
Full-time. The initial contract will be made for 2 years.
The contract is funded by a German Research Foundation (DFG) grant. Salary is fixed by government standards and will be about 50.000 € (TV-H E13) before taxes, depending on marital status etc.
Summer 2019 (with some flexibility)
Please send your application (CV, motivation letter, list of publications, and contact details of three academic referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EURAXESS offer ID: 418589
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.