ORGANISATION/COMPANYTechnological University Dublin
RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/07/2019 22:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Dublin
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Supervisor name & contact details:
Dr. Barry Ryan and Ms.Fionnuala Darby
Food Scienec and Enivornmental Heatlh and Business
Research Centre Name and Website
Please indicate if the intention is to transfer from the Masters programme to the PhD programme (if applicable)
X Fully Funded (ie Scholarship, Fees & Materials funding available)
□ Self-Funded (Scholarship not available. Fees & Materials to be paid by the student. Materials costs not significant)
□ Non-Funded (Scholarship not available. Fees & Materials to be paid by the student. Materials costs are very significant)
Student Stipend €16,000 p.a.
Materials/ Travel etc €2,250 p.a.
Fees €5,750 p.a.
Education, Curriculum Design, Social Sciences
Title of the Project
An explorative case study into understanding and implementing transformative learning and employability within a quality curriculum framework.
Through a transformative learning process, TU Dublin aims to develop graduates who are emotionally and sustainability literate, make contributions to local and global communities and have contemporary skills associated with employability. Within this transformative learning process, the Quality Curriculum Framework (QCF) will empower the creation of rich and diverse curricula across all disciplines and levels of TU Dublin; from apprenticeship through to structured PhD. The design and development of the QCF will be informed by examination of local, national and international best practice and policy, as well as the scholarly literature and consultation with all key stakeholders. The QCF will be underpinned by the core values and mission of TU Dublin and will provide a distinctive but tangible learning philosophy for all at TU Dublin. This project will be a symbiotic collaboration between academic/professional services staff, students as well as external stakeholders across TU Dublin.
The project will involve: -
• undertaking a critical review and synthesis of the literature on employability and transformative learning in higher education;
• designing, through process of consultation, a data collection strategy to detail the current level of employability and transformative learning in TU Dublin’s current curricula;
• exploring existing data to benchmark the ‘embeddedness’ of employability and transformative learning in TU Dublin’s curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities against international best-practice;
• iteratively design and develop a transformative and employability focussed component of the TU Dublin Quality Curriculum Framework;
• designing, developing, piloting and executing an evaluation protocol for a targeted trial of the transformative learning and employability component of the new TU Dublin Quality Curriculum Framework in each of the TU Dublin constituent institutions;
• integrating the designed and evaluated transformative and employability focussed component of the TU Dublin Quality Curriculum Framework into the organisational structure and business model of TU Dublin, as an area of strategic importance;
• acting in accordance with the objectives of the research project and conforming to highest standards of ethics possible.
Student requirements for this project
We seek a 1.1 or 2.1 graduate in a relevant NQF Level 8 Bachelors degree programme (or equivalent), ideally in a discipline with a strong education component, that has experience of conducting research (or managing a complex and extensive research project).
Deadline to submit applications (only for funded projects)
June 30th 2019
EURAXESS offer ID: 418593
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.