ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Basel
RESEARCH FIELDInformation scienceMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE18/07/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSwitzerland › Basel
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) is a department of the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute that provides services and undertakes research and teaching in the field of international health. We work in a stimulating academic environment, with links to bilateral and multilateral organizations, universities, and non-governmental organizations. The Health Technology and Telemedicine Unit based in Basel is looking for a Junior Health Informatics Specialist
Our unit covers the thematic fields of health technology management, health information systems and telemedicine. Our work is integrated in a multidisciplinary team with the overall aim to strengthen health systems worldwide. The successful candidate will contribute to ongoing and planned projects in the fields of Health Information Systems (HIS) and various other Digital Health applications, and is expected to work in close collaboration with our project implementation groups.
Your responsibilities include:
- Project management assistance including the elaboration of project plans, project monitoring and evaluation
- Customisation and rollout of software applications, in particular of HIS systems according to local requirements
- Appraisal of open source software applications for suitability in low- and middle income countries
- Training delivery for the successful implementation of software applications
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we expect the following experiences and skills in:
- BSc in Informatics or Biomedical Engineering with specialisation in Health/Medical Informatics
- Object-oriented programming skills (also possible before graduation while studying)
- Basic knowledge of Linux server administration and commonly used relational database management systems
- Experience in the development and implementation of Digital Health technologies across their full lifecycle (from requirements gathering to testing)
- International work (or studying) experience would be an advantage
- Interest in international development work
- Willingness to periodically travel to resource-constrained and fragile settings
- Strong team-work capacity across cultures and geographies
- Willingness to develop in an international research environment
- A good working knowledge of English is a requirement; German and French would be a strong advantage
We offer you
- Multidisciplinary and culturally diverse working environment
- Flexible work environment for innovative projects in an academic environment
Swiss TPH an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
If you are interested, please submit your application with:
"Names and contact information (email or phone) of 2 references
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool: https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All
Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered.
Contact: Further information about the position can be obtained from Martin Raab ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Start Date: Beginning September 2019
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Duration: Preliminary limited to one year with perspective on an unlimited position
Travel Required? Yes, 3 to 4 times per year (missions of approx. 1 to max 2 weeks)
EURAXESS offer ID: 418615
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.