ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/09/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
REFERENCE NUMBER50013768 – (R-AGR-3383-10-C)
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from PhD holders in the general area of wireless communications. SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the EU H2020 and the European Space Agency.
The Centre is currently expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated research associates who wish to pursue research in close cooperation with our partners. For further information, you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu and http://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom .
Research Associate (Postdoc) in 5G Wireless Communications & Networking (M/F)
- Ref: 50013768 – (R-AGR-3383-10-C)
- Fixed Term Contract 2 years (CDD), full-time 40 hrs/week
- Number of positions: 1
- Employee status
The successful candidate will join a strong and motivated research team lead by Prof. Björn Ottersten and Dr. Symeon Chatzinotas in order to carry out research in the area of Wireless Communications & Networking.
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
- Attracting funding in cooperation with industrial partners
- Shaping research directions and producing results
- Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Assisting in teaching duties
- Organizing relevant workshops
The candidate should possess a PhD degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
The ideal candidate should have extensive project-based experience (FP7/H2020, ESA, Industry) and publication record in a number of the following topics:
- Satellite Communications
- Multiuser / Multi-antenna Signal Processing
- Cross-layer Resource Management & Optimization
- Dynamic Spectrum Sharing
- Machine to Machine and Internet of Things
- Software Defined Networking & Network Function Virtualization
Development skills in MATLAB or C++ are required. Exposure to the latest standards in terrestrial and satellite communications as well as theory and methods of optimization are desirable. Hands-on experience is Software Defined Radio implementation is also desirable.
Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
The University offers a two-year employment contract and may be extended up to five years. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a dynamic and growing centre.
Application should be submitted online and include:
- Full CV, including list of publications and name (and email address, etc) of three referees
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (300 words).
Cut-off date for applications: 20 September 2019.
Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/27lw9
EURAXESS offer ID: 418672
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.