RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › OtherSociology › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/07/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Gent
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
→ Apply until 02/07/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
→ Department GE39 - Department of Public Health and Primary Care
→ AAP temporary appointment - 50%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201904/GE39/DA/019
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research. Your research globally focuses on health inequity. More specifically you do research on inequity in (primary) health care.
- You assist in teaching activities at the Bachelor’s and/or Master’s level regarding health sociology and organization of health care.
- You counsel Master’s students and Master-after-Master’s students in their exercises, tutorials (PBP), project week (COPC week), individual work, lectures, response lectures, and Master’s dissertation.
- You counsel doctoral students.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree in Medical Sciences or an equivalent degree. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have already conducted research within the field of
- Inequity in health and in health care
- Community orientated primary care
- Health care organization and/or quality improvement in health care
- You have experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- You have distinguished yourself as a promising researcher in your doctorate
- You are profoundly interested in coaching students in the Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Advanced Master’s programs
- You are an innovative thinker regarding teaching on health inequity and community oriented primary care.
- You can present relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which may be renewed once for three years at the most, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. The term of renewal begins immediately after the first term has expired. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2019 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Sara Willems (sara.willems@UGent.be, +32 09/332 39 84).
EURAXESS offer ID: 418709
Posting organisation offer ID: 130621
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.