ORGANISATION/COMPANYLINKS Foundation - Leading Innovation and Knowledge for Society
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › OtherEngineering › Computer engineeringMathematics › Mathematical analysis
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/12/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Torino
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE13/01/2020
The research area of Advanced Computing and Applications (ACA) of LINKS Foundation is seeking a Senior Researcher. The researcher will join the team for the analysis, design, development and test of optimization techniques and methods, scheduling in High Performance Data Analysis for HPC and Big Data convergence environment related to e-science of an industrial project.
The researcher will be integrated in a group that works with national and international partners. The aim will be on the development of methods for optimization in several fields of complex data analysis environment.
The researcher will be also involved in technical meeting and all phases related to projects preparation, dissemination and conferences events.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electronic, Telecommunication, Mathematical, Physical Engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or equivalent.
- Be meticulous in documentation and attention to details
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (C, C ++, Matlab, Python)
- Working knowledge in Linux OS
- Knowledge in distributed architecture
- Advanced analytical methods
- Problem solving skills
- Data collection and data analysis methods (Data Mining, Machine Learning)
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
Contract details: full-time fixed-term contract
Duration: 24 months.
Location: LINKS FOUNDATION (Turin).
Positions: no. 01
EURAXESS offer ID: 457330
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.