ORGANISATION/COMPANYCopenhagen Business School
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/12/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a number of vacant International Tenure Track Assistant Professorships at the Department of Digitalization.
The Department of Digitalization is one of the largest of its kind in Europe. Our aspirations are equally grand for our research and for our degree programmes. The Department of Digitalization had a strong position in the Information Systems community and ranks 1st in Europe and 10th worldwide in terms of publications in the AIS Senior Scholars’ ‘Basket of Eight’ journals. The vision of the department is to participate in meaningful collaboration with representatives from industry and society through engaged scholarship. The faculty is multi-disciplinary and the department´s research is organized around themes, which are contemporary, dynamic, inter-disciplinary and topical in nature.
Examples of research themes in which faculty members might participate include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Social Data Analytics
- Cloud Business
- Digital Anthropomorphism
- Digital Ecosystems
- Digital Sustainability
- Digital Transformation of Work
- Sports Digitalization
The assistant professorship is a tenure track position (4 years with a possibility of prolongation) with research and teaching obligations in accordance with Danish legislation and CBS regulations. To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant(s) chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department. The successful applicant is obliged to participate in the assistant professor program at CBS on teaching principles and methods in order to fulfill the pedagogical requirements made at the end of the term of employment as assistant professor.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
- Research, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The assistant professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
The applicant must hold a PhD or the equivalent. Emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a large research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production. The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes.
Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Tenure Criteria at DIGI
Tenure criteria are based on the department’s focus on Research, Education, External funding, Academic citizenship and Dissemination. Decision on tenure is normally taken after the third year of the tenure track assistant professorship.
The specific tenure requirements are based on a holistic assessment of the fulfilling of the REEAD criteria:
- Having developed contours of a distinct and independent research profile within the research area of Department of Digitalization. This involves ability to publish in Information Systems domain specific journals with particular focus on the Basket of 8 journals and internationally recognized journals of relevance to the department. There should be a portfolio of 3 to 5 high rank publications. The candidate should further have established links to relevant international academic communities.
- Having demonstrated teaching talent and shown interest in the development of courses and pedagogics leading to robust student evaluations. The pedagogical training has to be completed with a satisfactorily assessment.
- Having participated in relevant externally funded projects or shown interest in or willingness to consider applying for larger grants.
- Being a positive and active contributor to department life such as research themes and seminars. Has engaged in the CBS research community and international collaboration such as presence at conferences and journal involvement.
- Having demonstrated ability to engage with practitioners and stakeholders outside academia.
A mid-term evaluation is done to help the candidate assess their progress towards tenure and provide candidates with advice on how to proceed.
For further information please contact: Head of Department Helle Zinner Henriksen, e-mail email@example.com.
Information about the department may be found at www.cbs.dk/digi.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment. Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
ICIS 2019 Preliminary Interviews
Preliminary interviews with selected applicants will be conducted during ICIS 2019 in Munich.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Application due: 12/21/2019
EURAXESS offer ID: 457345
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.