ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire a Research Scientist at its Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT).
SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research and innovations in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR), Horizon 2020 programme, the European Space Agency and the European Defense Agency. SnT has developed a broad and effective partnership program, currently made of more than 40 industrial and institutional partners located in Luxembourg and in Europe. For further information, please see: www.securityandtrust.lu
Research Scientist in Modelling and Verification of Cyber-Physical Systems
- Ref: I2-120002
- Permanent contract (CDI), full-time 40 hrs/week
- Number of positions: 1
The successful candidate is expected to assume a leading role in defining, acquiring, managing, and scientifically contributing to projects in the area of Modelling and Verification of Cyber-Physical Systems. The candidate will carry a leading role in the Software Verification and Validation Laboratory (SVV) and support PhD candidates in their thesis research. The candidate will be involved in the development of new modelling, analysis, and verification techniques, using model-driven engineering and machine learning technologies. The candidate will carry a responsibility regarding the group’s project portfolio and ensure a continuity in the experimental research activities and rapid prototyping.
The candidate will work closely with Prof. Lionel Briand and the members of the SVV group. English is the working language of this international research group. The group focuses on the development and design of reliable, safe, and secure software systems, carrying out both upstream activities such as requirements quality assurance and architecture analysis, as well as downstream verification & validation activities, primarily software testing and analysis. The group is engaged in a number of national and European projects, conducting research in close collaboration with the industry partners. For further information you may check https://wwwfr.uni.lu/snt/research/software_verification_and_validation_lab
- PhD in Computer Science/Informatics with focus on software engineering (software modelling, verification and validation)
- At least 3 years of postdoctoral research experience in a relevant research area
- Documented research expertise in model-driven engineering, software verification and validation, search-based software engineering, and machine learning
- Experience with satellite systems, software-defined networks, and Internet of Things, is considered as an asset
- Proven track record in carrying a leading role in research project management
- At least 3 years of experience in defining and managing research collaborations with industrial partners
- Experience in supporting PhD candidates in their research
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
- Commitment, team working, and critical thinking
The University offers the selected candidate a permanent research scientist appointment. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of the research centre.
Applications, written in English, should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
- Contact information for 3 referees
Deadline for applications: 15 July 2020.
For inquiries, please contact Prof. Lionel Briand at email@example.com
EURAXESS offer ID: 528733
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.