RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistryMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/06/2020 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
REFERENCE NUMBERERC-2017-ADG call, with number 785994.
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
What We Are Looking for:
ISGlobal is looking for a technician to be part of our team in the new cohort BISC, a birth cohort that started in October 2018 in Barcelona. The cohort is in the framework of the international AIR-NB (Pre-natal exposure to urban AIR pollution and pre- and post-Natal Brain development) Project. This project has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the ERC-2017-ADG call, with number 785994.
Main duties and tasks:
- The candidate will work on the field, visiting pregnant woman at their homes and deploying devices to measure environmental variables such as air pollution and noise.
- Data generated will be downloaded daily.
- The candidate will need to explain the participants how to use the measuring devices, and making sure they totally understand. They will need to be clear and very specify with this, as the participants will need to be autonomous during the sampling period.
- The candidate will also install devices at the participant’s home.
- Duration:1 month (renewable)
- Starting date: July 1st
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: FieldworkTech_AIRNB-H2020_Jun20, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until June, 25th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have any question, please, send us your query to email@example.com.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills.
- Good organization skills.
- Eager to learn and proactive, and with great initiative.
- Autonomous and able to self-manage with the participants.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills with the participants of the study.
- Graduate degree in the health sciences.
- Experience in carrying out fieldwork in epidemiological studies. Experience in exposure assessment will be positively valued.
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish and English written and spoken.
EURAXESS offer ID: 528815
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.