ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineeringMathematicsPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/08/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) is a highly interdisciplinary research centre, integrating experimental biological and computational biology approaches in order to develop the foundation of a future predictive, preventive and personalized medicine. Within the LCSB, the Scienteens Lab – De Labo fir Jonker – is the first research lab for high-school students in Luxembourg. It is an extracurricular learning centre of the University of Luxembourg that offers workshops designed to spark the interest of high-school students in science, show them the latest trends and technologies in research and supports them in their career choice. Hands-on experiments, supervised by experienced scientists and teachers from various disciplines, provide the students with an insight into scientific research and the day-to-day work in the lab. The workshops currently address relevant topics in biology, mathematics and physics.
The University of Luxembourg is seeking to make an appointment within the Scienteens Lab as soon as possible for the following position:
Scienteens Lab Officer (Education programme specialist) - Coding Program
- Ref: RCREQ0004205
- Fixed-term contract: 12 month, 40 h/week (100%)
- Employee status
- Project will be carried out in Luxembourg
The ideal candidate will contribute to Scientific Outreach in Luxembourg and the missions of the Scienteens Lab.
- Develop teaching material for hands-on workshops in coding
- Teach hands-on workshops
- Take care of the preparation and post-processing of the workshops
- Organize additional outreach activities
- Manage administrative aspects of the Scienteens Lab
- Manage the infrastructure and supplies for the coding program of the Scienteens Lab
- Liaison with local high-school teachers and research from the University of Luxembourg
- Maintain and develop the Scienteens Lab network
- Contribute to funding applications and communication activities
- Master diploma in computer sciences; Master diploma in mathematics, engineering or physics with strong competences in coding and computer sciences; PhD in computer sciences is considered as an advantage
- Team player with strong communication and relationship management skills
- Good project management skills and organizational skills
- Experience in outreach activities and teaching at high-school level preferred
- Multilingual: Candidate must be fluent in German or French and very good in English; knowledge of Luxembourgish is a strong asset
- Exciting position with possibilities for development and creativity
- Inspiring, multilingual and international working environment
- Get a permanent position upon project success
Please apply online until 31 August 2020.
The University is an equal opportunity employer.
EURAXESS offer ID: 528893
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.