ORGANISATION/COMPANYLeibniz Institute on Aging – Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/08/2020 21:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONGermany › Jena
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE02/07/2020
The Leibniz Institute on Aging - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI), Jena (Germany), is a federal and state government-funded research institute and member of the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz e.V.). FLI’s internationally visible and highly competitive research is focused on understanding the mechanisms of aging and associated agerelated diseases. Scientists from over 40 countries are currently investigating the molecular mechanisms of aging and the occurrence of age-related diseases. Our aim is to create the basis for new therapeutic approaches in medicine as a way to improve health in the elderly (www.leibniz-fli.de).
The FLI seeks to step up its activities towards a more comprehensive research data management.
Therefore we are looking for a Data Steward (m/f/d).
Foster and facilitate Good Scientific Practice standards in all steps of data management in close collaboration with computer scientists and life scientists from different backgrounds
- Explore data flows in research work and implement improvements in data management according to the FAIR principles
- Develop metadata descriptions for experimental work flows; implement software tools to facilitate metadata collection
- Develop data management plans in cooperation with scientists from different backgrounds
- Develop organizational and technical improvements of data management infrastructure in cooperation with IT experts
- Develop training programs for various aspects of research data management
- Contribute to a scientific analysis of the Data Steward field of Work
- Opportunity to work in an international team in a well-equipped and funded Core Facility and to collaborate with scientists on ambitious projects tackling fundamental questions in the field of aging research. Opportunity to develop own scientific projects.
- Contract initially limited to two years with long term perspective upon internal evaluation. The contract conditions are based on the collective labour agreement for public service employees TV-L E13, plus an attractive occupational pension (VBL).
- Flexible working time, a family friendly working environment including support for child care solutions and dual career options.
Application: Candidates are encouraged to send their application (Job ID 20/07) latest by August 15th, 2020.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org one single-pdf-document
By Mail: Leibniz-Institut für Alternsforschung— Fritz-Lipmann-Institut e.V. (FLI) Personalabteilung Beutenbergstraße 11 | 07745 Jena
- Master or Diploma degree in Life Sciences or Information Technology, PhD degree preferred
- Extensive working experience in a data-driven research environment
- Skills and experience in object-oriented data models (e.g. XML)
- Strong communicative skills, both in English and German (spoken and written)
The following skills would be a plus:
- Experience with electronic lab documentation (ELN, LIMS, LES, SDMS); experience with controlled vocabularies
- Programming skills, esp. development experience in database or interactive applications
EURAXESS offer ID: 538550
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.