The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is pleased to issue the 2021 Call under the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme. Under the initiative 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Bachelor, Masters or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
The offer is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
Applications can be submitted via the online portal here.
Students whose domiciliary of origin is outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland/United Kingdom member.
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politicslocal, national, international; arts; sports);
- Possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
Applicants will need to apply for admission to a relevant Bachelor, Master or PhD programme offered by an eligible Higher Education Institution (see Appendix 1 of the attached file below) as per that HEI’s admission procedures. Applicants are expected to have a conditional or final offer of admission to the HEI at the time of application and will be required to submit a copy of same. Should an applicant be in receipt of more than one offer, separate applications may be submitted for each course offer. Final offers will be subject to admission to the relevant HEI. Applicants should make enquiries directly to the relevant institution prior to submission of an application to the HEA.
Deadline: 26 March 2021.