The aim of the programme Exploration France is to allow researchers based in Japan to discover and explore the French research landscape in their specific field, thereby encouraging the establishment of new French-Japanese collaborations.
All scientific disciplines are eligible to apply.
This programme is designed to help Japan-based researchers to conduct scientific exploratory visits
to France in 2020. We encourage applications for projects that include visits to French academic partners in order to initiate or formalize institutional partnerships, such as student mobility schemes, double degrees, etc.
The call for proposals is open to researchers affiliated with laboratories attached to universities, research bodies or Japanese companies. The nationality of the researcher is not a criterion.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
· Excellence of the applicant
· Quality of the project (innovative nature of the project, complementarity of areas of expertise, quality of invitation letters, etc.)
· Relevance of the visit agenda with regards the proposed collaboration
Scope of funding:
Funding will consist of a round-trip economy-class between Japan and France, as well as a contribution to subsistence costs amounting to €110/day for a maximum of three days (this amount is subject to slight change).
· Deadline for submitting applications: 31 December 2019, 23:59 (Japanese time)
· Results will be announced in February 2020
· Visits must take place between March and December 2020
Applicants should email the following documents to the Embassy of France in Japan at exploration-france.tokyo-amba[-at-]diplomatie.gouv.fr
· Application form in English (with some Japanese), to be downloaded from the Embassy’s website: https://jp.ambafrance.org/Programme-Exploration-France-2020
· Curriculum vitae in English (max. 2 pages)
· Invitation letters in English or French from laboratories or researchers you wish to visit