START DATE25/09/2021 - 14:00
ORGANISERFALLING WALLS LAB
Which wall will your research break? Pitch your innovative idea in just 3 minutes, showcasing a breakthrough that creates a positive impact on science and society.
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
31 August 2021
Download all information here.
Submit applications via the red ‘Apply’ button on the right. An overview of the application process can be found here.
Who Can Apply?
For outstanding scholars, researchers, scientists, entrepreneurs, and innovators.
All disciplines welcome
You must be 18 years or older when submitting your application. You must fulfil at least one of the following formal requirements:
You are currently enrolled in university
You are currently a postdoc
You received a Bachelor’s degree no more than 10 years ago
You received a Master’s degree no more than 7 years ago
You received a PhD no more than 5 years ago
* An MD (medical degree excl. a doctoral dissertation) is considered equivalent to a Master’s degree. A Dr. med. (medical degree incl. a doctoral dissertation) is considered equivalent to a PhD.
Before Applying, Please Note
Applications must be submitted in English.
Travel & accommodation expenses for international Falling Walls Labs will not be covered unless otherwise stated by the local organisers.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Past participants are no longer eligible to apply.*
No ticket purchase necessary when applying to an international Falling Walls Lab.
*Due to the pandemic, an eligibility rule change will be made for 2021. For the 2021 Lab season, those who participated in a 2020 Lab and remain eligible based on the other criteria will be eligible to apply to an international Lab. This eligibility rule change will only be valid for 2021.
APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW
• e.g. Name, Phone number, Email address, ...
• Please select your education status
• Name of studies/major
• Field of study
• Grade on a general scale
• Expected degree
• Expected graduation year
• Institution name
• Institution city & country
• Upload CV in PDF format, max. 3MB
• Presentation title: Breaking the wall of... (40 character limit incl. spaces)
• Project field as well as subfield within project field (40 character limit incl. spaces)
• Please state the problem you plan to address (200 character limit incl. spaces)
• Please state your solution to the problem (200 character limit incl. spaces)
• Please describe your project in 1-2 sentences (200 character limit incl. spaces)
ADDRESS107 ,Imun-ro Dongdaemun-gu Seoul, Republic of Korea